Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First amalgam restoration

Today, again, was suppose to be Shu Qeng's turn to be operator but there was some miscommunication between Joyce and Steffanie, thus my previous patient Poh Hee turned up this afternoon while Shu Qeng's new patient is on his way too.

Hmmm..Haven't done my treatment planning, didn't clip my front hair, not mentally ready to do restoration yet,etc..haha..always get this kind of unexpected situation recently..must pray in temple more often..

I quickly reviewed back her charting and came out with a plan after discussing with Dr. Zaineb--amalgam restoration on the 46 and 47~(never knew that others normally do scaling and polishing only or the most is simple class 1 restoration. I was a bit messed up with my work as both Dr. are giving me two different instructions=="

After two and half hours of running there and here, plus some minor errors and funny incidences, I finally managed to finish both..fooo...Luckily the patient wasn't angry with me and Dr.Omar praised my work too.(Actually major of it was done by him..haha)

[Qeng dropped amalgam carrier on the floor and accidentally sucked the patient's lip with high vacuum suction..LOL!!
The cavity is too deep so have to use dyCal to do direct pulp capping on 46
took 6 capsules today..Ms Kat bored of seeing me at the dispensary ad..haha]

What a tiring session~~zzz

No comments:

Post a Comment