Sunday, October 10, 2010

RUN and RUN and RUN

It was a fine windy Thursday evening-- superb day to jog and train stamina for the upcoming Nike Run on Sunday. I sms Ickes and YH to seek for companion or to be more precise, motivation. Ickes was too busy with her cheer practice and thus only YH was successfully being dragged by me ;)

2....3....5....8 (from the very first time I jogged in BJ park with Ickes till now) Finally! After 2.5 years of giving myself excuse that I couldn't run because I am too fat or I will SOB if I run too long or whatever excuse that makes my life easier, I finally made it to 8 rounds continuosly in less than half an hour.

I know that this might be a piece of cake to the others, and may be even a 50-year-old Lao Ah Pak can do way better than me, but hmmm...Who cares? I am not competing with anybody else except myself. I told YH that I must make it to 12 rounds before I graduate from IMU, and yeah! I can do it =)


Today is Sunday.10.10.10, which is also YH's bday! My ah chai grown up already..haha..can see he is now no longer that emo as frequent as previously. Good good! =)NIKE RUN at 7am in the vicinity of KLCC, a very busy and jammed area especially during the peak hour. With all the 10000 people(I doubt so) and other crazily fit IMU infinity milers,I started my 10km journey at 7.17am. My target was to run for 30 min non-stop and yes, I made it! 36min for 5km--slow but at least I didn't give up until I reach my initial target. After that I walked and jogged for another 3km on my own leisure, took my own sweet time to go to toilet, fill in 100 plus into my water bottle, take pictures, bla bla~~ My phone rang and it was Ickes calling while eating banana and busy taking finishing Nike toys for the second and third time. Lol! Still 2km away..expected to be the slowest one..XD

*1hr 25 min* Pheww..Finally..Surprisingly my inspiration was not from any of the runners or friends there although I did aim people in front of me from time to time, but it's from a person whom I shouldn't be thinking of during the run. I want to continue running! I want to see what is the max I can reach, I want to do everything when I'm still young! Next run will be 7km continuosly or 13km ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment